Friday, September 26, 2014

100 Quilts, 100 Kids: Quilt 004 - XOXO


Four down, ninety-six to go. I have a couple of quilts I want to make as wedding gifts and decided on using the XO blocks with some hearts. I thought I'd enlarge the XO and give them a shot for this quilt here. I put it together real quick one night and then realized I didn't have anything for the back or binding so I hopped online and ordered a solid aqua and the pink and white stripes. I really like stripes for binding.


I didn't have enough pink fabric for the "O", so I had to fudge the block a little bit to make it work. I hope that everything stays where it needs to when it comes to washing this guy.


I like these easy blocks. I may make a couple more quilts with these blocks.



Quilt Stats:
  • Size: Approx. 41” x 41” 
  • Pattern: XOXO
  • Fabric: mostly miscellaneous fabrics from Art Gallery Fabrics
  • Quilting - wavey horizontal lines varying widths apart
Finished Quilt 010

No comments: